Cayenne pepper is one of the most powerful and beneficial herbs known to mankind, but unfortunately very few know of its efficacy. Cayenne pepper and heart health should be synonymous for anyone with heart disease or cardiovascular issues but it is not. Due to the power and might of Big Pharma and their unholy alliance with the United States government, many Americans are simply unaware of natural herbs that can dramatically improve their heart health. “If this […]Read more
Category Archives: Featured
Diabetic neuropathy is one of the very serious complications of diabetes and it cannot be reversed. Thousands of diabetes patients who neglected their condition due to being unaware or just plain negligence have ended up with this severe problem. When the blood sugar levels in your body are too high, the body sends out signals. If these signals are routinely neglected and no attempt is made at getting the diabetes in check, in a matter of time, the […]Read more
Video games have been in the market for the last 35 years. They are a unique form of leisure because they encourage players to be part of the game’s characters. This, however, has both positive and negative effects on the player. Several studies have been published that explore the effects of video games on heart rate. In this article, I have tried to summarize the research conducted into the effects of video games on individual’s heart rate. […]Read more
Everyone knows you need to eat fruits and vegetables, but there are some that are even more critical when it comes to keeping your heart healthy. Fruits and vegetables have long been known to help prevent diseases like cancer, but scientists now know that the heart receives the biggest impact from a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables. Any fruit or vegetable when added to your diet is going to be good for you. Still, some fruits […]Read more
We often take the most important muscle in our body completely for granted. There’s only one muscle in our body that never stops to rest. Your heart is an amazing pump that circulates blood throughout your body nonstop. Your heart is made of special muscle called cardiac muscle. This amazing muscle will astound you! It not only has the ability to work overtime, it also has its own beat. If you separate one muscle cell from your […]Read more
You’ve probably heard that it’s important to exercise to keep your heart healthy. But you may not know how it actually does this important job. Sometimes knowing the actual mechanism that helps your heart will help motivate you to make the changes you need for a healthier heart. Directly, exercise actually helps your heart to stay in shape. It increases the amount of blood it can pump with a single beat. It also helps to physically strengthen […]Read more
- Air pollution may raise atherosclerosis, heart disease death riskNew findings suggest that 'atherosclerosis is a pathological pathway through which air pollution' raises the risk of death from heart disease.
- Top 13 high potassium foodsPotassium is a nutrient that is key to good heart health. In this article, learn about the best high potassium foods that people can eat.
- Switching off this enzyme reversed prediabetes in miceA new study shows that deactivating an enzyme that alters ceramides can prevent insulin resistance and fatty liver as well as reverse prediabetes in mice.
- These diets and supplements may not really protect the heartDo common dietary interventions and nutritional supplements really help protect against cardiovascular events? A new meta-analysis answers in the negative.
- Sitting at home or at work: Which is worse for heart health?New research in an African American cohort suggests that not all types of sedentary behavior are equally risky for cardiovascular health.
- Statins may double the risk of type 2 diabetesNew research examines the risk of receiving a type 2 diabetes diagnosis among those who are taking statins to lower their cholesterol.
- How calcium in coronary arteries can predict future heart healthAccording to a recent study, higher levels of calcium in the coronary artery could put middle-aged and black people at risk of serious heart problems.
- What to know about cardiac muscle tissueCardiac muscle tissue exists only in the heart. Here, it is responsible for keeping the heart pumping and relaxing normally. Conditions that affect this tissue can affect the heart’s ability to pump blood around the body. Doing aerobic exercise can help keep cardiac muscle tissue strong and healthy. Learn more here.
- Atrial fibrillation may raise dementia risk by 50%According to the largest research of its kind yet, atrial fibrillation may raise the risk of dementia even in people who did not experience a stroke.
- What is end-diastolic volume?End-diastolic volume is how much blood is in the ventricles after the heart fills up with blood, but before it contracts to pump the blood around the body. Doctors use end-diastolic volume to calculate several different measurements of heart function. Certain conditions can affect these measurements. Learn more here.