Cayenne pepper is one of the most powerful and beneficial herbs known to mankind, but unfortunately very few know of its efficacy. Cayenne pepper and heart health should be synonymous for anyone with heart disease or cardiovascular issues but it is not. Due to the power and might of Big Pharma and their unholy alliance with the United States government, many Americans are simply unaware of natural herbs that can dramatically improve their heart health. “If this […]Read more
Category Archives: Featured
Diabetic neuropathy is one of the very serious complications of diabetes and it cannot be reversed. Thousands of diabetes patients who neglected their condition due to being unaware or just plain negligence have ended up with this severe problem. When the blood sugar levels in your body are too high, the body sends out signals. If these signals are routinely neglected and no attempt is made at getting the diabetes in check, in a matter of time, the […]Read more
Video games have been in the market for the last 35 years. They are a unique form of leisure because they encourage players to be part of the game’s characters. This, however, has both positive and negative effects on the player. Several studies have been published that explore the effects of video games on heart rate. In this article, I have tried to summarize the research conducted into the effects of video games on individual’s heart rate. […]Read more
Everyone knows you need to eat fruits and vegetables, but there are some that are even more critical when it comes to keeping your heart healthy. Fruits and vegetables have long been known to help prevent diseases like cancer, but scientists now know that the heart receives the biggest impact from a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables. Any fruit or vegetable when added to your diet is going to be good for you. Still, some fruits […]Read more
We often take the most important muscle in our body completely for granted. There’s only one muscle in our body that never stops to rest. Your heart is an amazing pump that circulates blood throughout your body nonstop. Your heart is made of special muscle called cardiac muscle. This amazing muscle will astound you! It not only has the ability to work overtime, it also has its own beat. If you separate one muscle cell from your […]Read more
You’ve probably heard that it’s important to exercise to keep your heart healthy. But you may not know how it actually does this important job. Sometimes knowing the actual mechanism that helps your heart will help motivate you to make the changes you need for a healthier heart. Directly, exercise actually helps your heart to stay in shape. It increases the amount of blood it can pump with a single beat. It also helps to physically strengthen […]Read more
- Causes of high blood pressure and a low pulseHigh blood pressure with a low pulse has causes that include problems with heart circulation and some medicines. Treatment will depend on the reasons for this rare condition. Learn more here.
- What ways are there to measure body fat?There are various ways to measure the percentage of body fat, and some are more high tech than others. In this article, we describe the range of methods, include those that a person can try at home.
- Daytime napping 1–2 times a week may benefit heart healthNew research finds that napping during the day once or twice a week is associated with a much lower risk of heart attack, stroke, and heart failure.
- What do code blue and other hospital codes mean?Code blue alerts hospital staff to a patient emergency, such as cardiac arrest or a breathing problem. Learn more about code blue and other hospital codes in this article.
- What are the best breakfasts for losing weight?We explore the best foods to eat at breakfast for people trying to lose weight. We also discuss healthful breakfast options for vegans and vegetarians.
- Vegetarian heart health: Study identifies benefits and risksA new study concludes that a vegetarian diet reduces the risk of ischemic heart disease. It also finds a small but surprising increased risk of stroke.
- Causes and treatments for a burning chestThere are many causes of a burning feeling in the chest, including heartburn, injuries, panic attacks, and heart problems. Learn more about the causes and treatments here.
- Is dairy good or bad for your health?Expert opinions are divided as to whether dairy is good or bad for a person’s health. Many dairy products contain vital nutrients, but consuming too much could lead to health risks. Learn more here.
- Differences in gut bacteria may predispose to heart attacksA small study has found that people with acute coronary syndrome have distinct populations of gut bacteria, suggesting these may influence heart attacks.
- Heart attack risk higher in those who sleep too little or too muchA new study of nearly half a million people over 7 years found that those who slept 6–9 hours per night had the lowest risk of a first heart attack.