Recommended Product: Atrial Fibrillation – A Reference Guide (BONUS DOWNLOADS) (The Hill Resource and Reference Guide Book 54)
18 Health and Disease Professional Textbooks (over 5,300 pages) For Your E-Reader
* BONUS Encyclopedia of Disease (14 volumes, 4,625 pages)
* BONUS Dictionary of Clinical Research Terms (268 pages)
* BONUS Dictionary of Psychiatry Terminology (167 pages)
* BONUS The Complete Guide to Alternative and Complementary Medicine (135 pages)
* BONUS The Truth About Herbal Cures (106 pages)
Note: For best results and the most comprehensive reading and research experience, please use book in conjunction with the bonus downloads.
The Hill Resource and Reference Guide series is a comprehensive and authoritative source of quality health research sources for both the layperson and medical health professional. Each guide compiles the most important bibliographic scientific research materials for one specific disease or health disorder.
A breakthrough text on researching disease each volume also explores the basics of researching medical conditions online and provides direct access to research databases used by all renowned professional medical scientists.
Each volume is organized in reference format allowing the reader to go directly to any chapter without first reading a preceding chapter. Logically arranged separate chapters cover:
* Epidemiology – distribution of disease
* Etiology or Aetiology – disease cause and risk factors
* Diagnosis – disease identification
* Signs and Symptoms – physical/psychological nature of disease
* Pathophysiology – the body’s response to disease
* Treatment and Therapy – methods to relieve or heal a disorder
* Prognosis – likely course or outcome of a medical condition
Additional sections also provide readers with best resources available for studying alternative medicine and complementary medicine, the role of nutrition in disease, information sources on drugs and prescription medications, herbal remedies and biotechnology and a short explanation of Evidence Based Medicine, the dominant paradigm in patient care and treatment in Western medicine.
Finally, instruction in how to freely access and search the National Institutes of Health multiple research databases, including PUBMED and MEDLINE, is also included.
Packed with useful information, each edition is intended to be used with the bonus downloads to provide readers with their own comprehensive and essential medical library.
Joseph Estenson is a medical researcher and reference librarian with over 20 years experience researching complex public health issues.