Cayenne pepper is one of the most powerful and beneficial herbs known to mankind, but unfortunately very few know of its efficacy. Cayenne pepper and heart health should be synonymous for anyone with heart disease or cardiovascular issues but it is not. Due to the power and might of Big Pharma and their unholy alliance with the United States government, many Americans are simply unaware of natural herbs that can dramatically improve their heart health. “If this […]Read more
Tag Archives: featured
Diabetic neuropathy is one of the very serious complications of diabetes and it cannot be reversed. Thousands of diabetes patients who neglected their condition due to being unaware or just plain negligence have ended up with this severe problem. When the blood sugar levels in your body are too high, the body sends out signals. If these signals are routinely neglected and no attempt is made at getting the diabetes in check, in a matter of time, the […]Read more
Video games have been in the market for the last 35 years. They are a unique form of leisure because they encourage players to be part of the game’s characters. This, however, has both positive and negative effects on the player. Several studies have been published that explore the effects of video games on heart rate. In this article, I have tried to summarize the research conducted into the effects of video games on individual’s heart rate. […]Read more
Everyone knows you need to eat fruits and vegetables, but there are some that are even more critical when it comes to keeping your heart healthy. Fruits and vegetables have long been known to help prevent diseases like cancer, but scientists now know that the heart receives the biggest impact from a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables. Any fruit or vegetable when added to your diet is going to be good for you. Still, some fruits […]Read more
We often take the most important muscle in our body completely for granted. There’s only one muscle in our body that never stops to rest. Your heart is an amazing pump that circulates blood throughout your body nonstop. Your heart is made of special muscle called cardiac muscle. This amazing muscle will astound you! It not only has the ability to work overtime, it also has its own beat. If you separate one muscle cell from your […]Read more
You’ve probably heard that it’s important to exercise to keep your heart healthy. But you may not know how it actually does this important job. Sometimes knowing the actual mechanism that helps your heart will help motivate you to make the changes you need for a healthier heart. Directly, exercise actually helps your heart to stay in shape. It increases the amount of blood it can pump with a single beat. It also helps to physically strengthen […]Read more
- Intense light may boost heart healthNew research in mice and humans finds that exposure to intense light therapy can boost the heart's protection against a heart attack.
- Apple cider vinegar pills: Health claims and evidenceApple cider vinegar is gaining popularity as a potential treatment for a range of health issues. We investigate the science behind the claims.
- Plant based diet may reduce cardiovascular death risk by 32%More plant based foods and fewer animal products may be the key to optimal heart health and lowering the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
- Do rising obesity levels explain cardiovascular mortality trends?Many countries worldwide are losing the progress they had made in lowering mortality rates related to cardiovascular events. Why is this happening?
- Is diet soda bad for you? Know the health risksMany people drink diet soda as a low or zero calorie alternative to regular soda. While it may seem like the better choice, diet soda still has health risks. Learn about them here.
- Stopping statins may increase cardiovascular riskNew research warns that stopping statin use later in life could significantly increase a person's risk of heart problems and vascular events.
- Both blood pressure numbers may predict heart diseaseA new large-scale study suggests that both components of a blood pressure reading may predict the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- A guide to antioxidant foodsAntioxidants are in many healthful foods. Experts believe that they help the body fight harmful free radicals that can lead to various health conditions. Find out which 13 foods to eat to get plenty of antioxidants here.
- How an ancient mutation may predispose humans to heart diseaseIn a study in mice, scientists explain how the loss of a single gene millions of years ago may predispose us to coronary heart disease.
- Everything you need to know about coming off statinsStatins are a type of medication that doctors prescribe to lower levels of 'bad' cholesterol and reduce the risks of heart attack and stroke. Learn how and why people stop taking statins here.