Tag Archives: Science
Recommended Product: The Science of Stress Management: A Guide to Best Practices for Better Well-Being
buy now $35.97 Stress is an inevitable part of everyday life. Sometimes we manage it well. Other times, not so much. But understanding the role of stress in our overall health and wellness is essential to taking it head-on. It’s not just that stress can take over our thoughts; it can take over our bodies. From the flight or fight response to inflammation, from feeling anxious to feeling sick, it can deteriorate our bodies and our minds […]Read more
buy now About FOOD B.S. Barb McDermott (SHIFT Formula Founder) brings common sense to nutrition and health gain. FOOD B.S. is an entertaining romp through life with that four-letter word… FOOD. Her refreshing, no nonsense approach of uncovering truth using non-negotiable rules of science demystifies food once and for all. “A truly unique, witty and life enhancing read!” Have You Ever Wandered Through A Grocery Store And Wondered… Why does eating “healthy” or losing weight have to […]Read more
Recommended Product: Heart Failure: From Complete Heart Failure to Heart Health (Health Science Book 1)
buy now ”Our knowledge of human biology doubles every four years.” This makes it nearly impossible for physicians to stay current on the latest research in their own fields let alone in all of the others that directly effect their ability to properly treat their patients. In this new book by Bio Researcher Ray Reynolds you will learn… How heart muscle cells have the ability to stay alive by hibernating when deprived of oxygen. The four nutrients […]Read more
- Intense light may boost heart healthNew research in mice and humans finds that exposure to intense light therapy can boost the heart's protection against a heart attack.
- Apple cider vinegar pills: Health claims and evidenceApple cider vinegar is gaining popularity as a potential treatment for a range of health issues. We investigate the science behind the claims.
- Plant based diet may reduce cardiovascular death risk by 32%More plant based foods and fewer animal products may be the key to optimal heart health and lowering the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
- Do rising obesity levels explain cardiovascular mortality trends?Many countries worldwide are losing the progress they had made in lowering mortality rates related to cardiovascular events. Why is this happening?
- Is diet soda bad for you? Know the health risksMany people drink diet soda as a low or zero calorie alternative to regular soda. While it may seem like the better choice, diet soda still has health risks. Learn about them here.
- Stopping statins may increase cardiovascular riskNew research warns that stopping statin use later in life could significantly increase a person's risk of heart problems and vascular events.
- Both blood pressure numbers may predict heart diseaseA new large-scale study suggests that both components of a blood pressure reading may predict the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- A guide to antioxidant foodsAntioxidants are in many healthful foods. Experts believe that they help the body fight harmful free radicals that can lead to various health conditions. Find out which 13 foods to eat to get plenty of antioxidants here.
- How an ancient mutation may predispose humans to heart diseaseIn a study in mice, scientists explain how the loss of a single gene millions of years ago may predispose us to coronary heart disease.
- Everything you need to know about coming off statinsStatins are a type of medication that doctors prescribe to lower levels of 'bad' cholesterol and reduce the risks of heart attack and stroke. Learn how and why people stop taking statins here.