CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. Clickbank Affiliate ScriptsRead more
Tag Archives: Statins
buy now $12.97 This book is dedicated to Uffe Ravnskov, MD, Ph.D. for his seminal and propaedeutic achievements in disputing the dogma that fat and cholesterol cause coronary heart disease, and that statins are safe and cardioprotective for everyone. As will be seen, no studies support the notion that restricting fat reduces coronary morbidity or mortality. More importantly, government recommendations mandating low fat diets are likely the cause of the escalating epidemic of obesity and type 2 […]Read more
- What ways are there to measure body fat?There are various ways to measure the percentage of body fat, and some are more high tech than others. In this article, we describe the range of methods, include those that a person can try at home.
- Daytime napping 1–2 times a week may benefit heart healthNew research finds that napping during the day once or twice a week is associated with a much lower risk of heart attack, stroke, and heart failure.
- What do code blue and other hospital codes mean?Code blue alerts hospital staff to a patient emergency, such as cardiac arrest or a breathing problem. Learn more about code blue and other hospital codes in this article.
- What are the best breakfasts for losing weight?We explore the best foods to eat at breakfast for people trying to lose weight. We also discuss healthful breakfast options for vegans and vegetarians.
- Vegetarian heart health: Study identifies benefits and risksA new study concludes that a vegetarian diet reduces the risk of ischemic heart disease. It also finds a small but surprising increased risk of stroke.
- Causes and treatments for a burning chestThere are many causes of a burning feeling in the chest, including heartburn, injuries, panic attacks, and heart problems. Learn more about the causes and treatments here.
- Is dairy good or bad for your health?Expert opinions are divided as to whether dairy is good or bad for a person’s health. Many dairy products contain vital nutrients, but consuming too much could lead to health risks. Learn more here.
- Differences in gut bacteria may predispose to heart attacksA small study has found that people with acute coronary syndrome have distinct populations of gut bacteria, suggesting these may influence heart attacks.
- Heart attack risk higher in those who sleep too little or too muchA new study of nearly half a million people over 7 years found that those who slept 6–9 hours per night had the lowest risk of a first heart attack.
- Exercise may help people with cardiovascular disease the mostResearchers uncover evidence suggesting that people with cardiovascular disease reap even greater benefits from exercise than healthy individuals.