I should have been very happy the day my psoriasis symptoms were finally gone. I should have been. After all, I’d had it for 14 years. 14 years of dry, flaky skin. 14 years of itching, irritation and occasional bleeding. 14 years of arranging my life around the embarrassment and self-consciousness of knowing that people…Read more
Tag Archives: strategy
“So, you thought your acid reflux was just innocent annoyance?” my doctor asked. Then, looking me straight in the eyes, he added… “You were DEAD wrong!” I wasn’t sure if the pun was intended. My wife’s shivering hands squeezed mine as tears ran down her chin. “Don’t worry. We’ll get through this,” she sobbed…maybe more…Read more
After seeing Sarah’s amazing results it suddenly dawned on me… I may be on the verge of a major breakthrough that could well help 1000’s of men and women melt away ugly belly fat in record time. Maybe I could film the short bodyweight workouts I gave Sarah. Perhaps I could turn the scribbled notes into a step-by-step plan and help…Read more
- Intense light may boost heart healthNew research in mice and humans finds that exposure to intense light therapy can boost the heart's protection against a heart attack.
- Apple cider vinegar pills: Health claims and evidenceApple cider vinegar is gaining popularity as a potential treatment for a range of health issues. We investigate the science behind the claims.
- Plant based diet may reduce cardiovascular death risk by 32%More plant based foods and fewer animal products may be the key to optimal heart health and lowering the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
- Do rising obesity levels explain cardiovascular mortality trends?Many countries worldwide are losing the progress they had made in lowering mortality rates related to cardiovascular events. Why is this happening?
- Is diet soda bad for you? Know the health risksMany people drink diet soda as a low or zero calorie alternative to regular soda. While it may seem like the better choice, diet soda still has health risks. Learn about them here.
- Stopping statins may increase cardiovascular riskNew research warns that stopping statin use later in life could significantly increase a person's risk of heart problems and vascular events.
- Both blood pressure numbers may predict heart diseaseA new large-scale study suggests that both components of a blood pressure reading may predict the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- A guide to antioxidant foodsAntioxidants are in many healthful foods. Experts believe that they help the body fight harmful free radicals that can lead to various health conditions. Find out which 13 foods to eat to get plenty of antioxidants here.
- How an ancient mutation may predispose humans to heart diseaseIn a study in mice, scientists explain how the loss of a single gene millions of years ago may predispose us to coronary heart disease.
- Everything you need to know about coming off statinsStatins are a type of medication that doctors prescribe to lower levels of 'bad' cholesterol and reduce the risks of heart attack and stroke. Learn how and why people stop taking statins here.